You can print this page by clicking here.
1. OUR DETAILS
"We", "us" and "our" means MTV Networks Europe which is a Delaware partnership between MTV Networks Europe Inc and Viacom Networks Europe. Our principal place of business is at 17-29 Hawley Crescent, London NW1 8TT. Our VAT number is GB466509032. If you have any questions or concerns please refer to our frequently answered questions (FAQ’s). If the FAQs do not adequately address your questions or concerns you may contact us by email provided on the contact page.
2. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information in the following ways:
- When you give it to us, for example when you:
o provide information about yourself to enter one of our competitions or promotions;
o order products or services from us such as video clips from our WAP site (where available);
o opt in to receive any of our newsletters or other marketing information (where available); or
o rate or post any comments regarding content cast a vote on anything within our online services.
- If it passed to us by our affiliates, partners or other third parties with your consent; or
4. HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information operationally to:
• process any requests or orders for goods or services that you have or may purchase (where such service is available);
• to enter you for the competitions or promotions which you have indicated you wish to enter;
• identify your personal preferences for any communications to you such as newsletters;
• allow you to post comments, rate content or cast your vote; and
• to respond to or deal with any queries or complaints that you may have.
In addition and with your consent we (and if applicable, our partners or other trusted third parties) use your information for certain marketing, market research, analysis and related purposes. It is up to you how much or how little information you allow us to use for these purposes. Our on screen notices will ask for your explicit permission (often by way of a tick box) for such additional purposes. These purposes include:
• to communicate with you from time to time by email, by mobile (using SMS or, if your mobile device permits, MMS messages or similar technologies) and occasionally by post with our newsletters, information, offers and other material which may interest you (such communications may be sent by third party service providers on our behalf);
• to make your information available from time to time to trusted partners and third parties, for the same purposes as above (which will be in accordance with the privacy policies of such trusted partners and third parties);
• to conduct market research, for example by asking you to participate in a survey about topical issues conducted by us or trusted partners or third parties. We will always try to tell you before you participate in the survey how any information you provide in the survey will be used; and
• to enable us and third parties acting on our behalf to analyse your information, in a non-identifying form, (generally in the form of statistics), so that we can identify trends about usage of our online or other services and improve them.
We also reserve the right to access and disclose your personal information in order to comply with applicable laws, to comply with lawful requests from governments, law enforcement agencies or parties whose request we reasonably consider to be justified in connection with any allegations by any party about your abuse of our services, to operate our systems properly or to protect ourselves or our users.
Some of the partners and third parties with whom we share your information for the purposes set out above may be within a territory which may provide a lower standard of protection for personal data, by using our online services you consent to the transfer of your personal information to these territories, and particularly territories outside of the EU.
5. UNSUBSCRIBING/ AMENDING YOUR INFORMATION / NEWSLETTERS
You can amend or remove information you give us via our online services at any time as follows:
• to amend any information you have given us when registering on the website contact us by email provided on the contact page and let us know what information you would like to amend or, where this function is available on our website, click on the “Account” tab and you can amend your basic information, nickname and personal preferences (which will affect what content we include in our newsletters and marketing information which we may send to you);
• to deactivate your registered account you will need to contact us by email provided on the contact page;
• if we offer any newsletters or other email distribution, and you have subscribed to receive those newsletters or other email distribution, then you may unsubscribe by contacting us by email provided on the contact page and letting us know which newsletter or email distribution you wish to unsubscribe from or you may click on the relevant link, if one is available, on the newsletter/other email distribution (which, if this link is available, it can normally be found at the bottom of the communication);
• to withdraw from a subscription service you requested via SMS/MMS (as opposed to online) by following the instructions you receive in the message confirming your request and sending the message “STOP” to the appropriate short code.
If you want to remove all of your information from our database or have any questions about privacy issues, you can contact us by email provided on the contact page specifying your name, nickname, email address and telephone number and asking for your information to be removed or specifying any questions you may have.
7. AUTOMATIC INFORMATION
Examples of the information that may be analysed using cookies are user-name, nickname, email address and password, the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, operating system and platform you use to connect, areas of our online services that you viewed or searched for, the Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) from or through which you entered and exited our online services and the date and time of such activity.
You can use the "Help" section of the tool bar on most browsers to change the settings on your computer, for example to notify you when you receive a cookie, or to refuse all cookies. However, some of the features of our online services may not work or may be more difficult to access if you refuse all cookies.
We use third party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our online services. The ads you receive are influenced by various factors, including your browsing history prior to visiting this website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your use of our online services in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements, our third party serving network may place or recognise a unique "cookie" on your browser. This is a "persistent" cookie, which means that it is stored on your computer and will remain there until it expires or you remove it. The ad serving networks may also make use of other technologies, such as "web beacons", in order to improve the relevance of the ads you receive.
We have taken steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorised access.
9. BUSINESS TRANSFERS
In the unlikely event that we sell or otherwise dispose of some or all of our business to another party, we reserve the right to transfer your information as part of any assets sold or disposed of and you hereby consent to such transfer.